Gender Discrimination

Empowering Individuals

Since I told my supervisor that I was pregnant she has taken away all of my meaningful work. Is there anything I can do?

As long as you are able to perform the essential elements of your job, your employer may not generally treat you differently because you have advised them that you are pregnant. Depending upon when the discrimination took place, you may also be entitled to relief under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).

I would like to file an EEOC complaint for gender discrimination. Will this mean that I cannot bring a lawsuit?

An EEOC complaint can be a pre-cursor to a Federal law suit. If the EEOC does not issue a finding on the complaint within a certain period of time, or does not agree that discrimination took place, you may be entitled to commence a claim in a Federal Court.

I believe that I have proof to show that I have been receiving a lower rate of pay than my male counter-part, and we both perform the same work. Do I have a claim?

You may have a claim under the Equal Pay Act, which ensures that men and women in substantially equal jobs be given the same pay for the same work. In such cases you may have an option to go directly to court with your claim, however the decision whether to do so can and should depend upon a number of factors.

Personal Injury

Have you been injured at a job site, or in a vehicle? D’Orazio Peterson is an experienced Personal Injury law firm. If you have experienced serious injury due to negligence or malice, be sure to contact us to see what we can do to help you receive the justice you deserve.

Employment Law

If you were recently laid off during maternity leave or you’re having trouble at work and think discrimination is to blame, you have the right to fight back against your employer’s poor behavior. D’Orazio Peterson handles employment law cases involving FMLA violations and incidents of discrimination based on age, gender, race or disability.

Medical Errors

Medical errors are a leading cause of death, and many are preventable. We work towards eliminating those errors.