Empowering Individuals (518) 308-8339

Age Discrimination

I believe I was the victim of reverse Age Discrimination because of my young age. Can I make a claim?

The ADEA does not authorize claims for reverse age discrimination, however such claims have been brought under the New York State Human Rights law. If you feel you have been a victim,it is important to contact an age discrimination attorney as soon as possible.

I believe I have a claim for Age Discrimination. What types of damages are available if I prevail?

Under the ADEA back pay damages are the most frequently awarded form of damages. Damages may also include front pay, liquidated (double) damages in the event of a willful violation, and attorneys fees. Under the New York State Human Rights Law similar damages are recoverable, as well as, under some circumstances, compensatory damages (damages meant to compensate the plaintiff for the harm).

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our list and receive weekly updates about the law (we promise it won't be boring, and we don't share your information with anyone).